‎"Don't dwell on the past. Don't get lost in ideas of the future. Focus on the past and how you can improve your future."

07 November 2011

Some strange kind of motivation

So I can't help but notice that when I haven't blogged in a while, I sort of lose my focus.  It's almost as though blogging gets stuff off my chest.  Stuff that weighs heavy, though it's undefined, still clutters up all the tiny places in my mind.  This week I've learned something valuable...terrifying though it may seem, I plan to use it to change me.  I am completely out of control.  The harder I try, the less I succeed.  It's almost like I'm fighting against myself.  I want so bad to feel better, to look better, to be better, but despite my efforts, I just can't overcome it.  A friend of mine related it to quitting cigarettes.  You have to really want it.  Well that's all fine and good, because I want it, I can feel myself wanting it, deep in the pit of my gut, but it's not seeming to work.  I could use some encouragement this week.   I wish I had all the time in the world, because if I did, I would spend it on my knees in prayer, and petition, for healing, for grace.  For forgiveness.  I think we all have little triggers, tiny little things that set us into a downward spiral.  This week, I've come face to face with mine.  Little old me against Goliath, and Goliath is in the lead.  So here goes nothing....let's get the stone and sling.

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Liz. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you may be on to something. A change is something that we all want...but how badly we want it is really the issue. I want to loose weight...but how badly? Today, not so bad because I just caved to a piece of cheesecake. I think what we all need a deep inner spiritual change. The kind of thing that only The Holy Spirit can bring. I know that that means dying to ourselves, fighting our "old man" and most importantly getting to the end of our rope. Sound like you are there! Now that you are at the end of your rope, hanging on the just the frayed edges, let go. He will catch you! Or just dangle there! That sure is better than climbing back up! As for me...I think I will go make some diet cookies. LOL Praying for Jesus to catch you after the Holy Spirit prys your fingers off that last little bit that you are hanging on to! Love you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys, I love hearing from you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete