‎"Don't dwell on the past. Don't get lost in ideas of the future. Focus on the past and how you can improve your future."

26 October 2011

DAY TWO

So today, we are going to try something a little difficult.  Today, try to find something better to do with your time than picking.  Drink water, write in a notebook, play with a rubber band, do something, anything productive, to keep your hands busy, and to keep your mind off of picking at something.  This might be especially hard, if you're like me, and find yourself picking during every idle moment.  Driving in the car, watching TV, laying down in bed.  When my mind and hands have a free second, I want to pick at something.  Today, we aren't going to give our hands that free second.  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts! Your advice is good not only for picking, but also thoughtless eating. I will try to count to ten, I will try to distract myself, I will try to stop and think instead of automatically putting something in my mouth (or picking at those bumps on my arm). Thanks for words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete