‎"Don't dwell on the past. Don't get lost in ideas of the future. Focus on the past and how you can improve your future."

30 October 2011

Two Steps Forward and Three Steps Back

I think today was one of those days where I let my mind wander from the goal at hand.  It was so close, yet, so far.  I had been on the path to recovery for almost a week, when all of a sudden, I found myself giving in to it.  As I put a bandaid on my face, I remind myself that it's an up hill journey.  God didn't intend for life to be easy, he gave us faults, and imperfections for a reason.   If life were always a walk in the park, what would we have to refine us?  Diamonds are only made through the hottest of fires, and they become the hardest, most precious stone.  I'm only praying that's what my ups and downs will do to me.  I want to be a diamond in a world of coal.  Don't you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment